February 24, 2009 | Appetizers
I worked with Operation Frontline at the 9 News Health Fair at North High School yesterday morning, teaching the students how to make some healthy breakfast choices (banana quesadillas with peanut butter and cream cheese on a whole wheat tortilla and fruit smoothies) before getting ready for a cooking dinner party for 12 last night, so I had no time to post yesterday! I did take alot of food photos with my new camera as I was cooking yesterday, so check back during the week for more food, recipes, and photos.
Those lovely bundles of you see above are the appetizers I made for the dinner event – they are simple and are always a crowd pleaser, so I thought I’d share the recipe today.
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ teaspoon white truffle oil
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 whole bread sticks (thin grissini type)
- 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced thin
- Stir truffle oil and cheese into softened butter. Using a small butter knife, spread a small coating of the flavored butter onto the top ⅓ of a bread stick, then wrap a piece of prosciutto around the buttered section of the bread stick. Repeat with all bread sticks and remaining prosciutto.