- Cooking With Michele® - http://cookingwithmichele.com -
Posted By Michele On August 25, 2009 @ 10:25 pm In Appetizers,Food | No Comments
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, or more if needed
- 1 banana pepper, diced fine
- 4 green onions, diced fine
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spread eggplant on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast until tender, about 20 minutes. Add garlic to the food processor and whirl until minced. Add eggplant and chickpeas and process until smooth. Add olive oil in a steady stream with blade running, adding more as needed until a smooth dip consistency is achieved. Pour hummus into a bowl and stir in peppers and onions. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Article printed from Cooking With Michele®: http://cookingwithmichele.com
URL to article: http://cookingwithmichele.com/2009/08/hummus-eggplant-dip/
Click here to print.
Copyright © 2009-2010 Cooking With Michele®. All rights reserved.