Zucchini Muffins with Lemon and Rosemary
July 13, 2011 • Breads,
It’s quite rare that I blog about a recipe here that isn’t largely my own. Sure, I read lots of blogs, cookbooks, and food magazines, but only for inspiration. I take an idea then run with it to make something uniquely my own. Not so today. I saw this recipe for Lemon Rosemary Zucchini Bread on Simply Recipes, and knew I had to make it. I made some changes to the recipe, and made muffins instead of a loaf. Yet still, I felt the recipe was close enough to the original that I should give credit where credit is due. Hope you like it as much as I do!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (1 stick) melted butter
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons non fat Greek yogurt
- 1 cup sugar
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 pound shredded zucchini (see note)
- Prepare muffin pans by lining with paper liners and spraying the inside of the liners with cooking spray. Whisk together the flours, baking soda, baking powder, and rosemary. Beat the eggs until frothy then beat in the butter and oil and yogurt and sugar. Stir in the lemon zest and zucchini, then pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and stir until completely combined. Spoon into 20 muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees.