May 7, 2012 | Meat & Poultry, Sandwiches
A short while ago I was cooking all day to prepare for a Moroccan themed wedding shower. I had just finished making the hummus and was looking at the feta cheese to stuff into dates when I recalled I had a leftover lamb chop in the refrigerator from a dinner for friends the night before. Immediately I knew what I was going to make for lunch.I’m really committed to minimizing food waste, which means using up leftovers in any way I can. I had some leftover cucumber salad that I combined with a thinly sliced piece of red pepper I saw hanging out in the fridge. With the hummus as a spread on the whole wheat tortilla underneath and the lamb and feta on top, my day was made!
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- ¼ cup hummus
- 3 ounces thinly sliced cooked lamb chops, fat trimmed
- 1-2 tablespoons thinly sliced or finely diced cucumbers
- a little lettuce
- a few thin slices of red pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Spread the hummus on the tortilla, then top with lamb, cucumbers, lettuce, red pepper and feta cheese. Roll up and enjoy!