Rosemary Creamed Cauliflower with Pine Nuts and Bacon
January 7, 2013 • Vegetables
I’ve been meaning to share some of the recipes from the seven course dinner I served on New Year’s Eve, but one little puppy has been keeping me up all night and leaving me drained during the day.Yes, I know she is adorable. Yes, I’m in love with her. But please, I need some sleep! This creamed cauliflower was paired with a simple pork medallion for our dinner. It’s easy and can be made ahead for a dinner party and reheated. The texture of the creamed cauliflower as I made it is rather firm, but you can make it much creamier by just adding more cream (or a little chicken stock if you’re on your post holiday diet!). Please enjoy…while I go take a nap. Zzzzzzzzzz
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into small florets
- 2-4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced rosemary
- salt and pepper
- ½ cup heavy cream, more or less to taste
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts
- 4 slices bacon, fried until crispy, drained, and crumbled
- Toss cauliflower florets with olive oil and rosemary and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Season with salt and pepper and roast at 375 degrees until tender and browned on the edges, about 40 minutes.
- Place roasted cauliflower in the bowl of a food processor and with blade running add the heavy cream. If you want a chunkier consistency, add less cream. If you want a creamier consistency, add more cream. Spoon creamed cauliflower into a bowl and stir in pine nuts and bacon. Serve warm.