Peanut Butter Ice Cream with Justin’s Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
February 18, 2016 • Desserts,
Really, do I need to say anything more than the title on this post? Perhaps, I’m sorry – for blowing your diet resolutions this early in the year. Or perhaps, you’re welcome – I mean, this is killer good ice cream. Make it today, or bookmark it for this summer – I promise you you need to have this eventually!
- 1 cup milk (whole or 2%)
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- pinch of salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 10 mini Justin's dark chocolate peanut butter cups, quartered
- combine the milk, sugar, egg yolks and vanilla in the top of a double boiler and whisk together. Continue whisking, and when the mixture gets warm, begin whisking in the peanut butter and add the salt. Continue cooking and whisking until smooth and slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Strain the mixture into a covered container and stir in the cream. Refrigerate until well chilled, and then freeze in an ice cream machine according to manufacturer's directions. Spoon into a bowl and gently stir in the quartered peanut butter cups. Return mixture to the covered container and freeze until firm.