Jalapeno-Avocado Deviled Eggs
July 31, 2017 • Appetizers,
Want to be a hit at your neighborhood potluck picnic this summer? Make these simple deviled eggs, and I guarantee your friends will love you! I took two batches to parties recently and they were gobbled up. And for those of you who don’t like the mayo-taste in many deviled egg recipes, these don’t use any mayonnaise at all. If you want some zip to the taste, leave the jalapeño seeds in the filling, otherwise seed the jalapeño beforehand.
- 1 dozen hard cooked eggs, peele
- 1 small shallot, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 medium jalapeno, seeds removed if desired, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped cilantro, optional if you hate cilantro
- Slice the hard cooked eggs in half lengthwise and pop out the yolks carefully so you don't break the whites. Place egg white halves on a small baking sheet or platter.
- Combine egg yolks, shallot, avocado, salt, and cilantro in a food processor and pulse until smooth and well combined. (If you don't have a food processor mince the shallot and jalapeño and cilantro and then mash into the avocado and egg yolks until smooth.)
- Put the filling into a piping bag with a start tip (or simply use a plastic bag with the corner cut off), and pipe the filling into the egg white halves. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and refrigerate until you're ready to serve.
One Comment • Comments Feed