Sour Cream Zucchini Muffins with Blueberries
I have A LOT of muffin recipes on this site. I make them in order to use up ingredients, but also because for 25 years I’ve had girlfriends coming over every Friday morning to work out together. The coffee and muffins are our incentive to keep it up. I think some of my recipes are quite delicious – the peach streusel muffins, bagel spice savory muffins , banana quinoa muffins, and the lemon poppy seed muffins are some of my favorites. Today I’m adding a new favorite to that list. I’ve been trying to get more blueberries into my diet because they are a super food – thought to help prevent Alzheimers and lower blood pressure, both things I’m in need of. These freeze well so make the full batch!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 pounds shredded zucchini (see Notes)
- 1 cup dried blueberries (or a little more if you want!)
- Turbinado sugar, for sprinkling (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line 24 muffin tins with reusable or paper muffin liners and set aside.
- Store together the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sour cream, olive oil, eggs, sugar, vanilla and zucchini.Stir into the dry ingredients and then fold in the blueberries.
- Portion the batter into the 24 liners (using a ¼ cup ice cream scoop makes this easy) and sprinkle with Turbinado sugar, if desired.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool slightly then store in a sealed bag in the freezer if not serving immediately.
2 Comments • Comments Feed