Egg Free Vanilla Cupcakes with Chocolate Chips
January 18, 2018 • Desserts,
Sorry for the picture – I made this for Christmas and forgot to snap any photo other than my Instagram photo when they came out of the oven. But if you have someone in your family who is allergic to eggs, you’ll be happy to bookmark this recipe! It’s not easy having food allergies, so I was happy to figure this out for someone in our family who can’t have eggs. I’m happy to say the cupcakes were a hit!
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (white or apple cider best)
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 6 candy canes, crushed (optional)
- Frosting (optional)
- Line a cupcake pan with 12 liners.
- Beat the sugar and butter together in a stand mixer until creamy and pale, then mix in the vanilla.
- Combine the milk and vinegar, and add a little to the bowl with the mixer running. Continue adding milk and flour, alternating until both are well combined, scraping down the sides as needed.
- With mixer on low, add the chips just until mixed into the batter.
- Portion the batter into the 12 liners and if desired, top with crushed candy cane sprinkles. Bake at 350 degrees until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
- Let cool for a couple of minutes in the pan, then remove to a baking rack to cool.If frosting, make sure cupcakes are completely cool before before frosting..