Southwestern Coleslaw with Chipotle Dressing
June 4, 2018 • Salads
I’m quite lucky to have a wonderful friend who invited me – and about forty other people – to a pig roast last weekend. Roasting a whole pig is an overnight venture, and clearly something I could never do for myself, so I was thrilled to be part of the fun. All I was asked was to bring a side dish – this amped up coleslaw was the perfect addition!I filled up corn tortillas with the delicious shredded roasted pork and then topped them with the coleslaw – a perfect pairing. The coleslaw is great on its own, but would also be wonderful on blackened fish tacos. Perfect summer fare!
- 1 small head of green cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 small head of purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 ear of corn, kernels cut from the cob
- 1 green pepper, diced small
- 1 small red onion, diced small (about ½ cup)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- Chipotle Mayo
- Apple cider vinegar
- Combine the cabbage, corn, pepper, onion, and cilantro in a large bowl. Combine desired amounts of Chipotle Mayo and vinegar and toss with salad. (I used about 1 cup of mayo and ½ cup of vinegar, but adjust according to your tastes.) Let sit in the refrigerator for at least an hour for flavors to meld before serving. If serving at a picnic, keep cool so mayo doesn't spoil! The coleslaw shouldn't need any more salt and pepper since the mayo is seasoned, but adjust if desired.