Greek Salad on the Fly
I made a Greek inspired leg of lamb last week, and threw this riff of a Greek Salad together in literally minutes to go with it – the perfect pairing. I don’t like black olives, but do add them to your salad if you do. And want to make this a heartier vegetarian entree? Add some chickpeas for protein and call it lunch!
- ½ cup chopped sweet bell pepper (I used orange, but any will do)
- ½ cup chopped cucumber
- ¼ cup chopped red onion
- ½ cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch dry oregano
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- Combine everything except the feta cheese and toss together. Fold in the feta cheese and serve.