Classic Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
March 28, 2020 • Desserts,
I swear I’m really not a baker, but during the COVID-19 days of social distancing and self isolating, I get bored and baking seems to help. If you’re worried about how much weight you’re gaining from this unusual time in our lives, freeze the cookies to help you pace yourself.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs (or 3 smaller ones)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ of a whole nutmeg, freshly grated
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raisins, plumped up in hot water then drained
- Beat the butter until fluffy then add sugars, eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth, cleaning down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Add the flour salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg and mix to combine. Add the oats and raisins and mix just until incorporated.
- Use a small ice cream scoop to portion into 36 cookies on 3 baking sheets lined with parchment or silicone liners. Bake for 10 minutes at 350 degrees and let cool completely on the pans before removing and storing in a covered container.