Black Olive and Sun-dried Tomato Tapenade
I opened a can of black olives to decorate the artistic focaccia bread I made recently, and since I don’t love black olives on their own, I wanted to do something with the leftovers from the can instead of just throwing them out. This simple tapenade comes together in a minute and can be frozen for use at your next party (which for me will be as soon as the COVID-19 situation is no longer a threat).
- ⅓ to ½ cup black olives
- ⅓ to ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil (use the oil too)
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- Combine the olives, tomatoes, cheese and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the blade and pulse repeatedly until well minced and combined. If the mixture is too thick, drizzle in a bit more oil with the blade running until you get the texture you prefer.
- Top with scallions for garnish and serve with cheese and crackers. May be frozen.