Basil Shallot Pine Nut Dressing
With summer in full swing, I finally have a nice assortment of herbs growing in my front porch planters, which means it’s the perfect time to create recipes using fresh herbs. This dressing is super simple, but packed with flavor. Use it in salads or on vegetables.
- 1 large handful of fresh basil leaves
- 1 large shallot, roughly chopped
- ½ cup pine nuts
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Combine the basil with the shallot and pine nuts in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until coarsely chopped. Add the olive oil, lemon juice, and salt, and process until fairly smooth with bits of pine nuts still remaining. Store in refrigerator and use within a week.