Services and Teaching Philosophy
Cooking with Michele® provides personalized culinary instruction to groups and individuals in the privacy of your own home or in my gourmet kitchen. Whether your goal is to improve your basic cooking skills, to introduce new flavors and meals to your family, or to gain the confidence to cook a gourmet meal, Cooking with Michele® can help.
- Spend an afternoon cooking with private one-on-one instruction and savor new recipes
- Gather your friends for a cooking class followed by lunch or dinner and relish the dishes you have created
- Book a gourmet cooking dinner party for a group of friends or business associates and enjoy a delicious evening of fun
- Get help with understanding what cooking equipment to buy or how to organize your kitchen with my one-on-one kitchen and pantry consultation
- Call on me to work beside you to prep and cook for your own party
- The Cooking with Michele® philosophy is different from traditional cooking schools. I believe in:
Teaching what you would like to learn
Not all students want to learn the same things. I select or create recipes specifically for you based on your interests and completely customize sessions to meet your culinary goals and your prior cooking experience.
Teaching in the privacy of your home – or inviting you into mine
Your own kitchen is where you will do most of your cooking and therefore I believe it’s important to learn where you will cook. Most home kitchens are not equipped with the professional gear used in popular cooking schools. My philosophy is to build your confidence by teaching you how to cook with your own equipment in your own kitchen. Alternatively, many students like to come to my well equipped kitchen and try out the equipment with a group of friends. Group classes can be scheduled during the day or evening and even on weekends in my kitchen.
Teaching a balance of what to cook and how to cook
With a focus on quality ingredients mixed to create sensational flavors you will learn how to select foods, what seasonings to use, and how to enhance food with sauces and garnishes. You will also learn which cooking method to use, from basic to advanced, to produce the best results. I will teach techniques appropriate for your level of expertise, your instructional goals, and the menu you have selected.
I launched Cooking with Michele® for one simple reason:
to share my passion for food and cooking by teaching others.
My approach is fun and never intimidating, and I hope to inspire your passion in the kitchen.