Creamy Shrimp and Avocado Spaghetti
There are so many things to love about this dish. For starters, the entire dish can be made in under 15 minutes. Then there is the avocado, and creamy sauce – need I say more? This is a great way to use avocados that are starting to get too soft for other purposes as they will semi-melt into the sauce anyway. The dish is rich, but hey, life is short, so indulge a little!
- 4 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 large shrimp
- Salt and pepper
- ½ to 1 cup heavy cream (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil
- 2 cups of roughly chopped fresh spinach
- 1 avocado, cubed
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil and cook spaghetti for 1 minute less than package directions, just until barely al dente.
- While pasta is cooking, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 1-2 minutes per side, until just barely pink, but not cooked through. Add the cream, basil, spinach, and avocado, bring cream to a boil, then turn the heat off. Add the cheese and cover off the heat until the pasta is cooked.
- Drain the pasta, add it to the skillet, turn the heat to high and bring the sauce to a slight bubble, stirring gently to combine ingredients and wilt the greens.