Cooking with Michele® owner and chef Michele Morris has been cooking since the age of five when her early cooking forays included sugar and butter sandwiches and undercooked cakes in an Easy Bake Oven. She quickly graduated to French toast, fried chicken, and salad preparation for her family, and at the age of 14 surprised her mother with an elaborate Chinese dinner cooked entirely from scratch.
After putting her passion for cooking on the back burner for twenty years while working and raising a family, Michele began aggressively pursuing culinary education to supplement her years of learning by trial and error in her own kitchen. Her culinary and wine training includes:
- Cook Street School of Fine Cooking – Denver, CO
- Le Cordon Bleu – Paris, France
- Cooking in an Undiscovered Hill Town – Casperia, Italy
- Ecole Ritz Escoffier – Paris, France
- The School of Gourmet Cooking and Catering – Atlanta, GA
- Cookin’ Cajun Cooking School – New Orleans, LA
- Hofmann Escuale de Hosteleria – Barcelona, Spain
- Oaxacan Cooking with Carmen – Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- International Wine Guild – Certified Chef of Wine Arts, Executive Sommelier
- The Awaiting Table Cookery School – Lecce, Italy
- On Rue Tatin Cooking School – Louviers, France
Michele launched Cooking with Michele® in 2006 and delights in sharing her passion for food, wine, and cooking with her students of all ages.
Michele is passionate about sharing her culinary skills throughout the community, and is heavily involved in philanthropic work for a number of nonprofit organizations. You can read more about her work here.
Cooking Matters Colorado (Chef Educator and Ambassador)
Certified Executive Sommelier and Chef of Wine Arts, International Wine Guild
Slow Food International and Slow Food Denver
Colorado Authors’ League
Denver Women’s Press Club
Les Dames d’Escoffier International, Colorado Chapter
Project Angel Heart (Kitchen Volunteer)