Tasting Colorado Cookbook – Appetizers (Cookbook Giveaway!)
February 1, 2013 • Colorado Cookbook
Yesterday a large truck pulled up alongside my garage and unloaded a pallet of 15 boxes of my cookbook, Tasting Colorado: Favorite Recipes from the Centennial State. Never has the project seemed more real or exciting than seeing them all lined up in my garage! The book is now available (call the publisher directly at 800-821-3874 or order on amazon.com – even though amazon says it’s out of stock, it’s not, as they just order and fulfill in small batches). Or if you’re in the Denver area and want to pick up a signed copy directly from me I’d be delighted. To whet your appetite, I’m going to share a recipe or two from each section over the next few weeks. First up, appetizers.
Ajax Tavern in Aspen has been a mountainside staple for dining for many years. And this easy to prepare appetizer from executive chef Allison Jenkins will be a sure hit at your next gathering.
- 8 ounces Avalanche fresh chÃ¨vre or any local fresh goatâ€™s cheese
- 4 roasted garlic cloves, minced (see Guidelines for Recipes)
- 6 oil-cured black olives, pitted and sliced
- Pinch herbs de Provence
- ⅓ cup high quality tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Press the goat cheese into a small baking dish, just large enough to fit the cheese with room for toppings. Top the cheese evenly with the roasted garlic, olives, herbs, and tomato sauce. Bake, uncovered, until hot and bubbly, about 10 minutes. Serve with toasted sourdough bread.
Want a copy of the Tasting Colorado cookbook? Post about the book on Facebook or tweet about the book and leave a comment below with a link for me – I’ll send a copy to one lucky winner! (US only please, winner will be selected after the Super Bowl on Sunday!)
2 Comments • Comments Feed