Salad Trifecta: Potato-Chicken-Egg Salad
It’s summertime here in Colorado, and that means picnics, salads, and anything else we can do to get out of our hot kitchens. Last summer when we were on vacation with friends I was introduced to the idea of adding hard cooked eggs to potato salad – my friend Florine adds almost as many eggs as she does potatoes, because her husband loves it that way. So when I was staring at a leftover piece of roasted chicken and some potato salad the other day, I knew just what I was going to do.I almost always make my potato salad using my sister’s recipe, but for this recipe you’ll want to double the hard cooked eggs in that recipe. Then simply add some chopped cooked chicken to the mix, making sure there is enough mayo for everything to be nice and coated, and you have my new invention: the salad trifecta. You’ll love this recipe for using up leftovers in the summer – a complete meal without turning on anything hot. Here’s to the dog days!
- 4 cups potato salad
- 2 additional hard cooked eggs, diced
- 8-12 ounces chopped cooked chicken
- Mayonnaise, extra if needed to make the salad moist
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
- Combine the potato salad with the additional hard cooked eggs and chicken and stir until well combined, adding additional mayo if needed. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.