Cheesy Green Chile Egg Casserole
March 16, 2020 • Breakfast,
I love a simple baked egg casserole for brunch, and this one is easy, vegetarian, and quite tasty. If you’re planning a brunch, prep it the night before, cover with foil, and leave it in the refrigerator overnight. The next day, remove from the fridge about 30-60 minutes before you want to cook the casserole, then simply uncover and bake. Leftovers freeze if wrapped in plastic wrap.
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream or half and half
- ⅓ cup diced roasted green chiles
- 4 green onions, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese (or cheddar)
- ½ cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- Beat the eggs together with the cream, then add the chiles, onions, cilantro, salt, pepper and 3 cheeses. Pour into a greased 13 x 9 inch glass casserole dish and bake uncovered at 375 degrees until the eggs are set, about 45 minutes to an hour.