November 23, 2020 • Desserts,
I was at work one day when someone mentioned Velveeta Fudge, and I thought they were making that up. Turns out this is one of the simplest, yet also one of the creamiest fudge recipes I’ve ever made. You can add nuts or chocolate chips or marshmallows if you like – I’m a purist so like mine plain.
- 2 pounds powdered sugar
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 2 sticks butter
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese, cut into cubes
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Pour the sugar and cocoa powder into the bowl of a stand mixer and gently mix together. Butter an 8 x 8 inch baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium high heat and add the cheese. Whisk together over the heat until the cheese fully melts, then pour immediately into the dry ingredients along with the vanilla extract and turn the mixer on low to combine the ingredients. Once the everything is incorporated, turn the mixer to medium for a minute to fully mix.
- Press the fudge into the baking dish, smooth the top, and refrigerate until solid before cutting into pieces.