Sheet Pan Chicken Thighs and Radicchio with Shallots, Balsamic and Rosemary
When I started cooking professionally – teaching classes and catering small events – I invested in a half dozen heavy duty rimmed stainless sheet pans. They are one of the most versatile things to have in the kitchen, and essential if you want to hop on the “sheet pan dinner” craze.There’s nothing magical about cooking food on a sheet pan – all it takes is a little creativity and some thinking about cooking times of the various foods to get it right. In this recipe, the edges of radicchio wilt and caramelize along with the shallots while the chicken thighs cook, and the flavors are fantastic together.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs, bone in and skin on
- 1 small head of radicchio, cut into thick wedges, core removed
- 4 small shallots, halved
- Balsamic vinegar (thicker is better in this recipe)
- Salt and pepper
- Handful of fresh rosemary leaves
- Coat a rimmed sheet pan with a thin layer of olive oi and place the chicken thighs, radicchio wedges, and shallots on the pan. Drizzle more olive oil over the top then a bit of balsamic vinegar. Season lightly with salt and pepper. Toss rosemary leaves over the top and bake at 375 degrees until the chicken is cooked through, about 25 minutes.