Peach Muffins with Streusel Topping
I have very few tricks up my sleeve to get my builders to work more quickly to get my condo renovation done in time for my scheduled move date. But I do think they are motivated by baked goods, and yesterday I made these over-the-top peach muffins to keep them moving. It will be a big week: painting, plumbing, electrical, and more all need to be finished these week so they can clean and do the final coat on the floors next week before I move on the 28th. Oh, and did I mention my first grandson is going to be born any day now? Yes, it’s kind of crazy around here!
- 4 medium peaches peeled and cubed
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter melted and cooled to room temperature
- ½ cup milk room temperature
- 2 tablespoons flax seed, ground and mixed with 5 tablespoons water (or 2 eggs)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ⅔ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup whole oats, ground in four processor
- ½ stick butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line 2 muffin pans with 24 muffin liners. Combine peaches and lemon juice and set aside.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large mixing bowl and stir until mixed well. Combine melted butter, milk, and flax seeds and pour into the batter; stir together with a wooden spoon (the batter will be stiff). Add the peaches and stir until combined and batter softens up a bit from the moisture in the peaches.
- Spoon batter into the 24 muffin liners. Stir together the nuts, brown sugar, oats, and remaining butter in a small bowl, then sprinkle over the top of the muffins. Bake until a toothpick inserted comes out clean, about 20 minutes.
One Comment • Comments Feed