Pesto Pizza with Three Cheeses

June 23, 2010 | Appetizers, Pasta & Pizza, Popular, Snacks

Does this make you a bit hungry?Or how about this savory looking corner?I set out to make something new and exciting for you yesterday, but failed in the kitchen. I attempted to make homemade goat cheese in a simple recipe I found online, but realized I was using ultra-homogenized goat’s milk which will not curdle. Turns out further that I can’t find anything OTHER than ultra homogenized in Denver unless I join a goat share CSA and agree to pay $20 a month to board a goat and then pickup a half gallon of the raw milk from the farm an hour away each week. So that experiment went down the drain (literally) and instead I’m sharing my new favorite pizza with you. OK, let’s be honest here – every time I make up a new one it becomes my favorite until I grow tired of it and try something new.This one starts with some of the dough I made with the kids a week ago in my cooking class. I spread a thin layer of the green onion and arugula pesto I made last week over the dough, then topped it with shredded Parmigiano and some crumbled feta cheese……before smothering the whole thing with shredded mozzarella cheese. Into a 400 degree oven for about 13 minutes and it’s ready. It’s that easy. It’s that good. Give it a try!

Pesto Pizza with 3 Cheeses

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Recipe type: Entree
Serves: 4-6
Ingredients
  • Pizza Dough
  • Arugula Pesto
  • Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, shredded
  • feta cheese
  • mozzarella cheese
Instructions
  1. Spread pizza dough into a thin layer on a baking sheet that has been oiled. Spread a thin layer of arugula pesto over the dough, then sprinkle with desired amount of cheeses. Bake at 400 degrees until crisp and browned, about 10-15 minutes.

Comments

1. This pizza looks gorgeous! It’s making me want pizza and it’s not even 9 AM yet!

2. I love pizza – I could eat it every day. This looks great! Love all the cheese…….

3. Wow this looks so cheesey. Divine.

4. Ok, now i am drooling all over my keyboard, LOL. This pizza is so enticing, can i have a piece now, Mmmmmmm!!!!

5. this looks fabulous! mmmmm…and pesto is one of my faves. i must admit tho, dough intimidates me. one day i’ll be brave ;-)

6. Mmm. Pizza perfection.

7. Not all the Conveyor Pizza Oven produced equal nor they have a tendency do the same job. I extremely recommend that you just consult a professional prior to buying one

8. Pizza looks really good.

9. Wow this looks amazing :) cheesy goodness!
    I’m definitely going to try this recipe.
    I just bought a Forno Pizza Oven and have been looking for recipes all day.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Jen

Rate this recipe:

My Cookbook! --->

TASTING_COLORADO_FRONTCOVER

• earls kitchen
  • the kitchen upstairs boulder
  • row 14 grilled avocado vegetarian entree
  • fish tacos
  • ma peche new york sweetbreads
  • linger denver ceviche with taro chips and avocado
  • pasta pugliese

almonds apples arugula Asian avocado bacon basil beans beef beets bison braising broccoli brunch butter cabbage cake carrots cheese chicken chiles chili chocolate cilantro coconut cookies corn cucumber curry dips eggplant eggs feta cheese garlic giveaway goat cheese grilling herbs ice cream Italian kale lamb leftovers lemon lime Mexican mint muffins mushrooms nuts oats olive oil onions pancetta parsley peppers pesto pickles pine nuts pizza plums pork potatoes quinoa rice ricotta roasting salmon sausage shrimp spinach squash stews Thanksgiving tomatoes tuna turkey vegetarian vinegar zucchini

International Food Blogger Conference 2014 Seattle

Get Involved

Top 20 Colorado Cooking Blogs

Search for recipes from across the web at Foodily.com

certified yummly