Cooking with Michele® owner and chef Michele Morris has been cooking since the age of five when her early cooking forays included sugar and butter sandwiches and undercooked cakes in an Easy Bake Oven. She quickly graduated to French toast, fried chicken, and salad preparation for her family, and at the age of 15 surprised her mother with an elaborate Chinese dinner cooked entirely from scratch.
After putting her passion for cooking on the back burner for twenty years while working and raising a family, Michele began aggressively pursuing culinary education to supplement her years of learning by trial and error in her own kitchen. Her culinary and wine training includes:
- Cook Street School of Fine Cooking – Denver, CO
- Le Cordon Bleu – Paris, France
- Cooking in an Undiscovered Hill Town – Casperia, Italy
- Ecole Ritz Escoffier – Paris, France
- The School of Gourmet Cooking and Catering – Atlanta, GA
- Cookin’ Cajun Cooking School – New Orleans, LA
- Hofmann Escuale de Hosteleria – Barcelona, Spain
- Oaxacan Cooking with Carmen – Playa del Carmen, Mexico
- International Wine Guild – Certified Chef of Wine Arts, Executive Sommelier
- The Awaiting Table Cookery School – Lecce, Italy
- On Rue Tatin Cooking School – Louviers, France
Michele launched Cooking with Michele® in 2006 and delights in sharing her passion for food, wine, and cooking with her students.
In 2009 Michele began working with Cooking Matters Colorado (CMC), teaching healthy cooking and nutrition to families on limited budgets and has completed over 20 courses, serving as the chef instructor, shopper, and team leader. She also serves on the CMC Board of Advisors. Michele also volunteers with Denver Public Schools, assisting in Slow Food’s Seed to Table school gardens program, where she cooks with student gardeners in the garden, demos at youth farmersâ€™ markets, and teaches cooking to classrooms of children.
Member, International Association of Culinary Professionals
Advisory Board Member and Chef Educator, Share Our Strength – Cooking Matters
Certified Executive Sommelier and Chef of Wine Arts, International Wine Guild
Volunteer Chef, Denver Seed to Table
Member, Slow Food International
Member, Colorado Authors’ League