Fresh Summer Pasta
July 17, 2017 • Easy Entrees, One Dish Meals, Pasta & Pizza
There is something simple and fresh about making summer pasta dishes that I find irresistible. Perhaps it’s the ease at which they come together, maybe it’s how the just picked tomatoes shine through, or the way the fresh extra virgin olive oil brings the flavors of the fresh ingredients together. Whatever it is, this is simple, and to me says summer. I’ve used just a few simple ingredients here with the pasta – tomatoes, fresh mozzarella cheese, arugula micro greens, and Italian extra virgin olive oil – but you can experiment with other ingredients and flavor profiles any way you’d like. The key, remember, is fresh!
- 2 ounces penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 2 small or 1 medium vine ripened tomato, diced
- 2 ounces fresh mozzarella cheese, diced
- ¼ cup snipped micro greens (I like basil and arugula best)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Toss together the hot cooked pasta with the tomatoes, mozzarella, and greens and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil to taste. Season with salt to taste and enjoy!