Spaghetti Alla Nerano
This is one of my all time favorite quick lunch pastas to make, and with zucchini season winding down, this is the perfect time to make this one last time. I like to use the spiralizer to turn the zucchini into threads, but you can also just thinly slice it if you want. The key is too cook it until soft, be sure to keep some pasta water to help the sauce come together, and don’t skimp on the extra virgin olive oil!
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small zucchini, spiralized or thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- 2 ounces spaghetti
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Add about 2 tablespoons of oil to a small skillet over low heat; add the zucchini and season with salt and pepper. Cook slowly over low heat until softened, stirring occasionally.
- While the zucchini is cooking, cook the spaghetti in a large pot of heavily salted water just until al dente. Drain, retaining about ½ cup of the pasta cooking water.
- Combine the cooked pasta with the zucchini and the cheese. Turn the heat up to high and add some pasta water while stirring to make a sauce.
- Serve hot with extra cheese and pepper.