April 1, 2011 | Breakfast
Sometimes you just want something simple. I’ve loved getting farm fresh eggs from my CSA farm, and have been on an egg kick for months. I also happen to love my Irish Soda Bread recipe, especially when you add the toppings that I use in my Everything Bagel Bread. And so I decided to make a simple sandwich. Toast the bread and butter it.Then fry up an egg in a small skillet. (I like to flip mine to have them over easy).Then put it all together for a sandwich. If I had any bacon left I would have added a couple of slices. You can also add sliced tomato, thinly sliced avocado, green chili, or frankly anything else you would like on yours. Go ahead – make breakfast special this weekend. You deserve it!
- 1 egg
- 2 thin slices Irish Soda Bread
- 1 slice crispy bacon, if desired
- avocado slices, if desired
- 1 slice tomato, if desired
- Cook egg in a small skillet as desired (sunny side up or over easy) while bread is toasting.
- Butter toast and slide egg out of skillet onto one of the slices of toast.
- Top with bacon, avocado or tomato – or all three! – and enjoy.