Somehow this recipe escaped being posted, but I know you’re going to want to know about it. A couple of months ago when we were visiting friends in Glenwood Springs (near Aspen), the hosts served this for brunch on Sunday morning. While we tried to refrain from overindulging in it, it was so divine we had seconds. It’s a simple recipe that you throw together and bake, but beware, it’s not diet food, so you’ll probably want to save it for a special occasion. I made it for Mother’s Day, and it was a hit!
- 10 large eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pint cottage cheese, small curd
- 4 cups monterey jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup butter, melted and cooled
- 8 ounces diced green chiles, drained
- In a large bowl beat eggs until light and lemon colored, then add flour, baking powder, salt, cottage cheese, jack cheese and butter. Mix well then stir in chiles and pour into a buttered 9×13″ baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 degrees until top is brown and center is firm, about 45 minutes.