Double Rainbow Quinoa Salad
During my recent sailing trip in the Caribbean, I was treated to a rainbow almost every single day. It’s not that it rained that much – in fact out of 12 days we only had 1 day where it actually rained. But as the small clouds float across the islands in the very south of the Caribbean, they drop a little mist now and then. You know, just gentle sprinkles for 20 seconds and then they’re gone. In the process, they produce the prettiest rainbows. I’m not sure I had ever seen a rainbow pierce right down into the lush green landscape like this one.And certainly, here in Colorado, I never get to see one over the ocean with a gorgeous clipper ship sitting right next to it. So it is that the rainbows must have inspired me when I came home to make something brightly colored. And for whatever reason, I had a craving for quinoa.Rainbow quinoa. A rainbow assortment of sweet peppers. A simple salad. It just seemed like the right thing to make.Can I tell you that my husband even loved this? It’s simple, it’s delicious, and it’s a crowd-pleaser. I’ll be making it again for sure.
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, rainbow variety if available
- 1 sweet pepper, diced small, red, yellow or orange, or a mix
- ½ avocado, diced small
- 2 green onions, chopped small
- 2-4 tablespoons of your favorite vinaigrette (I used a sherry-mustard-shallot vinaigrette)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients and stir gently together. Let stand for a few minutes for flavors to meld before serving.
3 Comments • Comments Feed