Spaghetti Squash Pie with Peppers, Pine Nuts and Cheese
Accidents happen. And fortunately in the kitchen, sometimes they turn out just grand. I set out to make a mock-spaghetti pie. You know the kind – when you cut into it it’s firm and holds together in a wedge. Turns out there is just to much moisture in vegetables to hold together like that, despite the addition of cheese and eggs. But it also turns out it doesn’t matter.You can throw this pie together in just a few minutes – some cooked spaghetti squash, peppers, pine nuts, cheeses, and seasonings.Sprinkle a little extra cheese on the top if you’d like a cheesy browned crust (yes please!).And bake the whole thing until nicely browned around the edges, about 45 minutes to an hour.Whether you like spaghetti squash on its own or not (I don’t) you’re going to love this. Dig in hot out of the oven if you can’t restrain yourself (I couldn’t). Or pour a little of your favorite marinara sauce over the top for a slightly different taste (I did this too). Yes, accidents happen. But this one is a keeper.
- 1 spaghetti squash, cooked and scooped from shell
- 1 cup diced sweet peppers (any color)
- ½ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 2 large eggs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients together and stir until consistently mixed. Pour into a greased casserole dish or pie plate and bake at 350 degrees until nicely browned around the edges and cooked through, about 45 minutes to an hour.
One Comment • Comments Feed