Lamb Sliders with Tomato-Ginger Chutney from Tasting Colorado Cookbook (and an event!)
September 12, 2013 • Colorado Cookbook
One of my favorite recipes in my Tasting Colorado cookbook is the recipe for these Lamb Sliders from the Stanley Hotel. They are packed with mint – almost as much fresh mint as lamb in the mix! – and are paired with an easy yet interesting chutney. You can make them as sliders, or simply make burgers.I’ll be demonstrating several recipes from the cookbook at Whole Foods’ 8th Anniversary Party for the Tamarac store on Saturday, from 2-4pm. I’ll be cooking, you’ll be tasting, and I’ll be selling and signing cookbooks as well. Won’t you stop by to say hi?In the meantime, here’s the recipe for the sliders – hope you like it as much as I do!
- 8 ounces ground lamb
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1 ounce fresh chopped mint
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 8 mini burger buns
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ½ pound roma tomatoes (about 3 tomatoes), roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- ½ white onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- For the burgers: Combine ground lamb, rosemary, mint, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well. Shape into eight small burgers. Grill or pan sear to desired doneness and place each burger in a mini bun. Top with tomato-ginger chutney.
- For the chutney: Combine all ingredients in a nonreactive saucepan, such as stainless steel, and cook over low heat until all ingredients have broken down and formed a thick sauce of chutney, about 1 hour. Chill before serving. Chutney may be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
One Comment • Comments Feed