Sweet and Spicy Meatballs
You have only an hour until you need to be at a party and you’re supposed to be bringing an appetizer, so what do you do? Yes, you could just stop at the grocery on the way, but these meatballs are so fast and easy to make, I promise you it’s a better idea. I used the Plum Chutney I made a year or so ago for the base for the sauce, but you can also just use half chili sauce and half grape jelly or jam. Everyone at the party last night, from under 2 to nearly 57 loved these!
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 pound ground beef (or bison)
- 1 small onion, finely minced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup Plum Chutney
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Combine the pork, beef, onion parsley, eggs, salt and pepper together and mix gently. Use a small cookie scoop (2 tablespoon size) to quickly portion out the meatballs onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone liner and then go back and gently shape each meatball. Bake the meatballs for 15 minutes.
- While the meatballs are baking, mix the plum chutney together with the ketchup and chili garlic sauce and set aside.
- Remove the meatballs from the oven and toss them gently (discarding the rendered fat) with the sauce, and then pour into a bowl to serve.
One Comment • Comments Feed