I was a bit surprised to find that I didn’t have a basic hummus recipe on my site. I have one for Sweet Potato Hummus (it’s really delicious, made with feta cheese mixed in) as well as an Eggplant-Hummus hybrid recipe, but not a plain old creamy delicious basic hummus. Well, let me fix that right now!Hummus only has a few ingredients – it’s the combination of the creamy chickpeas with tahini (pureed sesame seeds), lemon and garlic, along with some high quality extra virgin olive oil, that makes itÂ irresistible. Serve it with chips, crackers, fresh vegetables or flatbread.
- 2 large clove garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, or more if needed
- 2 cans chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini, or more if needed
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 1-2 teaspoons ground cumin
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 green onions, chopped fine, for garnish
- Add garlic to a small skillet with a little of the olive oil and cook for 1 minute to remove the raw garlic taste, if desired. Add garlic to the food processor and whirl until minced. Add chickpeas, tahini, zest and juice, and cumin and process until smooth. Add remaining olive oil in a steady stream with blade running, adding more as needed until a smooth dip consistency is achieved. Season with salt and pepper to taste.Pour hummus into a bowl and garnish with chopped green onions. Serve with pita crisps and vegetables.
4 Comments • Comments Feed