Proscuitto and Gruyere Stuffed Chicken with Cream Sauce
February 24, 2020 • Meat & Poultry
I’m a big fan of simple dinners – a quick pasta dish, leftover chili, a stir fry – but every once in awhile I like to make a nice dinner. Something with a little flair, something that shows I made an effort. I had some prosciutto in the refrigerator which inspired this dish, and the simple sauce is a nice addition to what could otherwise be a plain-ish dry chicken breast.
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, pounded about ½ inch in thickness
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
- ¼ cup grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 small shallots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper
- Lay the pounded breasts smooth side down on a cutting board. Cover each with one slice of prosciutto and half of the cheese. Roll up. Cover the breasts on the outside with the remaining prosciutto, making sure that the ends are wrapped in prosciutto to keep the cheese from melting out. Bake at 375 until cooked through, about 30 minutes.
- While the breasts are cooking, sauté the shallots in the butter over medium high until they start to turn slightly brown. Add the cream and bring to a boil to thicken slightly. Stir in the parsley, season with salt and pepper to taste, and serve the chicken on a bed of the sauce.