I’ve been eating a lot of avocados lately – partially because I just love them, but also because the man in my life grew up with Puerto Rican parents and avocados were ever present during his childhood in California. I created this avocado salad recipe for a Puerto Rican themed dinner I hosted back in early March – just a day before things shut down in Colorado thanks to COVID-19. Serve this rich salad with flank steak with chimichurri sauce like I did, with maybe some simple rice.
- ½ cup raw pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- ½ cup chopped radishes (about 6 medium)
- ½ cup chopped green onions
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 medium jalapeño, seeds and membranes removed, chopped
- 4 large just-ripe avocados, pitted and cut into large chunks
- ¼ cup lime juice (about 2 to 4 limes)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- Combine the pepitas, radishes, green onions, cilantro, jalapeño, and avocados in a large bowl.
- Combine the lime juice, olive oil, honey, and salt in a small covered container and shake well to mix.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine.
One Comment • Comments Feed