Tomato, Cucumber and Avocado Salad
August 3, 2020 • Salads
When I started cooking professionally, I quickly learned that what often sets apart restaurant chefs from home cooks is their comfort level in combining ingredients together to create interesting flavor profiles. The addition of a few simple ingredients is what sets apart a boring salad from this satisfying one. Use the best vine ripened tomatoes and fresh herbs for this salad and serve at room temperature, not cold.
- 2 medium vine ripened tomatoes, any color, seeded and chopped
- 2 small cucumbers, halved lengthwise and sliced (see notes)
- 1 avocado, pitted and cubed
- 2-3 scallions, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine the chopped tomatoes with the cucumbers, avocado, and scallions. Add the dill, lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and gently toss to combine. Cover and let flavors meld for 30 minutes before serving.