Whipped Cauliflower and Potatoes with Rosemary and Parmigiano
Every once in awhile I throw something together very quickly for dinner that turns out to be spectacular. I had a head of cauliflower in the fridge from the previous week’s CSA and knew I was getting another one, so knew I needed to use it up. I don’t love cauliflower on it’s own, but I was reminded of sneaking it into mashed potatoes for my kids when they were young so decided I’d try an adult version of that. This is a perfect companion to Balsamic Rosemary Grilled Pork Chops. And if you have leftovers, you’ll find yourself sneaking them for breakfast the next day I promise!
- 1 head cauliflower, florets only
- 1 large russet potato, peeled
- 2-3 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- ¼ cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the cauliflower and potato in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook until the cauliflower and potatoes are soft. Drain and immediately add to the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the rosemary, butter, and cheese, and pulse until nice and creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Either serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to use; reheat in microwave for 1-2 minutes.