Cheesy Pork Enchiladas
I never really got into red sauce on enchiladas, generally preferring the green variety found so often in Colorado. But my better half comes from California, where red sauce is king, and since I had neither green or red in house when I was making these, I decided to make my own red sauce and make something special for him.Making red sauce is very easy (see note in the recipe) but you can also used canned sauce here. I had cooked pork on hand when I made these, but you can also use chicken. Garnish with some cilantro and avocado and sit down to dinner.
- 4 cups cooked, shredded pork
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 8-12 corn tortillas
- Enchilada sauce (see notes)
- Cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Sliced avocado, for garnish
- Mix 1 cup of the cheddar cheese into the shredded pork. Dip a corn tortilla into the sauce the fill with the pork mixture, roll up, and place seam side down in a baking dish. Repeat until all of the filling is used up. Pour desired amount of enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas, then sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees until bubbly, about 30-45 minutes. Garnish with cilantro and avocado before serving.