Pacific Cod Ceviche
September 27, 2021 • Appetizers, Cooking for One (or Two), Easy Entrees, Fish & Seafood,
I’ve been a part of the Sitka Salmon Shares CSF (community supported fishery, which works just like a veggie CSA farm) and I’ve been loving the selection of fish: many types of salmon, different types of cod, sablefish, halibut and more. It’s so, so fresh, which makes me comfortable eating it as sushi or ceviche.This ceviche comes together quickly and marinates just long enough to have a cocktail and play a round of dominoes (what we do at night). Serve it with tortilla chips, or better yet, make your own. This is light dinner fare for when it’s just too hot for a hot dish.
- 12 ounces very fresh pacific cod (or other firm white fish), diced
- ½ cup finely chopped red onion
- ½ cup finely chopped cucumber
- ½ cup chopped fresh cilantro (use parsley if you hate cilantro!)
- 1 small jalapeño, minced
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 limes, juiced
- 1 avocado, diced small
- Salt and pepper
- Combine the diced cod with the onion, cucumber, cilantro, jalapeño, garlic and lime juice in a nonreactive bowl. Gently toss together then add the avocado and make sure it gets coated with lime juice.
- Refrigerate to marinate for 1-2 hours, then season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with corn tortilla chips.