Pulled Pork Tostadas with Peach Salsa
Don’t those just make your mouth water? When I made pulled pork recently, I did so with a plan to make a tostada recipe that would let me use up the Colorado peaches in my freezer. The salsa is simple to make and goes perfectly with the pork. And because the tortillas are baked instead of fried, this is a relatively healthy recipe.
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ⅓ red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small jalapeño, seeds removed and minced
- 2 peaches, skinned and finely chopped
- 6 corn tortillas
- Cooking spray
- Pulled Pork (recipe here)
- Avocado cream or sour cream, for garnish, optional
- Combine the green onions with the pepper, jalapeño and peaches and set aside for flavors to meld.
- Lay corn tortillas on a baking sheet and spray both sides with cooking spray. Bake a 400 degrees until crispy, about 10 minutes.
- Top each tostada with some of the pulled pork and then a dollop of the peach salsa. If desired, you can also drizzle with avocado cream or sour cream.