Balsamic and Soy London Broil

March 30, 2011 | Meat & Poultry, Popular

My daughter always says it’s all about the sauce. It’s not that everything requires a fancy, heavy French style sauce, but that most foods are enhanced with some sort of sauce – whether it’s a simple jus, a glaze, or a more complex sauce. I wanted to cook some of the grass fed beef I recently purchased from Sun Prairie Natural Beef (my blog readers get a 5% discount – just click on their ad to the right in the sidebar!), and I knew the London broil cut would benefit from some marinating and tenderizing.When you make up the balsamic glaze for this recipe, you’ll have more glaze than you need, but it lasts for a long time in the fridge, and can be used on veggies and other meat. For beef, and especially lean cuts like grass fed or bison, you want to marinate for several hours, tenderizing with a fork periodically while it does it’s magic.After you grill your meat and let it rest, slice it against the grain to serve it. I like to use the marinade, but since raw meat had been sitting in it, you’ll want to bring it to a boil first to make sure it’s safe. Then drizzle over the meat. Yum!

Balsamic and Soy London Broil

Prep time
Cook time
Total time

Recipe type: Condiments,Entree
Serves: 4
Ingredients
  • ½ cup Balsamic Glaze
  • ¼ cup soy sauce (or ponzu sauce)
  • 1 pound London broil
Instructions
  1. Combine balsamic glaze and soy sauce and pour into a shallow dish just large enough to fit the London broil.Turn the meat over a couple of times to make sure it's covered with marinade well, then poke all over with a fork to further tenderize the meat. Cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning a few times and continuing to tenderize with a fork.
  2. Grill over medium high heat to desired temperature, about 5 minutes per side for medium rare with a 1½" thick piece of meat. Let rest wrapped in foil for a few minutes before slicing against the grain. Bring leftover marinade to a boil and then toss sliced meat with the marinade and serve.

Comments

1. WOW! That looks incredible. My hubby is going to love this!

Great blog; happy I found you!

Mary xo
    Delightful Bitefuls

2. I think this sounds fabulous Michele. I’m a big balsamic fan…another bookmarked.

3. I think this sounds so good! I’d love for you to submit this to the M&T Spotlight at http://www.makeandtakes.com/spotlight

4. Simple recipes are always the best. This looks amazing.

5. That looks sooo juicy and delicious! Yum!! :)

6. That meat looks so tender and delicious. Now I’m craving meat at 7:49 in the morning!

7. This looks excellent!

8. I also recently discovered balsamic on meat, and it’s fantastic. I haven’t tried it yet on asparagus, like in your balsamic glaze link, but I have had it on other bitter greens like arugula and radicchio. I’ll have to try your recipe. :)

9. Looks simple but delicious!

10. Looks amazing, maybe next time you make it, put a little sauce on the side and that will save your from having to boil it! Can’t wait to try this.

Rate this recipe:

My Cookbook! --->

TASTING_COLORADO_FRONTCOVER

• mccormick and schmicks lobster salad
  • silver oak cork
  • acorn denver restaurant duck confit tom yum noodle bowl
  • restaurant roundup
  • 12 manhattan new york the modern moma brie souffle
  • tamayo
  • stoic and genuine denver oysters-1

almonds apples arugula Asian avocado bacon basil beans beef beets bison braising broccoli brunch butter cabbage cake carrots cheese chicken chiles chili chocolate cilantro coconut cookies corn cucumber curry dips eggplant eggs feta cheese garlic giveaway goat cheese grilling herbs ice cream Italian kale lamb leftovers lemon lime Mexican mint muffins mushrooms nuts oats olive oil onions pancetta parsley peppers pesto pickles pine nuts pizza plums pork potatoes quinoa rice ricotta roasting salmon sausage shrimp spinach squash stews Thanksgiving tomatoes tuna turkey vegetarian vinegar zucchini

International Food Blogger Conference 2014 Seattle

Get Involved

Top 20 Colorado Cooking Blogs

Search for recipes from across the web at Foodily.com

certified yummly