Chicken Tikka Masala
January 9, 2012 • Meat & Poultry
You might recall my recent visit to the Savory Spice Shop in downtown Denver. I was there primarily to get pink salt and juniper berries to make my home cured pancetta but couldn’t resist buying a bunch of other spice mixes while I was there. I love Indian food, but don’t have all the spices you need to make most of the dishes.Fortunately the spice shop has a ready made package for Tikka Masala. You simply mix the dry spices with some oil and water then proceed with a simple recipe.I actually made this whole dish and photographed it in about 20 minutes – it’s that simple with the prepared spice mix. If you’re not in the Denver area you can actually order their spices online. I’d serve this dish over some simple jasmine rice so that you can really enjoy the flavor of the sauce and spices, maybe with some saag and some naan bread for soaking up the sauce. Sounds good, doesn’t it?
- 1 pound chicken breast, cut into chunks
- 2 tablespoons Tikka Masala seasoning
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- ⅓ cup of nonfat Greek yogurt
- Brown chicken in a large skillet in a little oil. Combine Tikka Masala seasoning with water and oil to make a paste; stir into chicken. Simmer for a few minutes then add tomato sauce and honey. Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in heavy cream and yogurt and heat through. Serve over jasmine rice.
5 Comments • Comments Feed