Rhubarb Recipe Roundup (and Rhubarb Sour Cream Muffins)
June 12, 2017 • Fruit
It’s rhubarb season! So many people tell me they just don’t know what to do with rhubarb, so I figured a roundup of some of my ideas might help. I’m also inserting a new muffin recipe for Rhubarb Sour Cream Muffins. They are moist and dense, and could easily be modified to include strawberries along with the rhubarb. Here are some of my other favorite ways to use rhubarb.
- 4 cups finely chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup canola or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line place liners in pans for 24 muffins.
- Mix together the rhubarb, sugar, oil, vanilla, eggs, and sour cream in a large bowl. Add the flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon and stir together.
- Portion into 24 muffins using an ice cream scoop and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 15-20 minutes. Let cool in pans and then remove muffins. Store in a covered container or place in storage bags and freeze.