Roasted Beet Risotto
October 26, 2020 • Side Dishes
I had some beets piling up in my refrigerator, a few at a time from my weekly CSA distribution, so I roasted them, not knowing exactly what to do with them. Sure, the standard roasted beet with goat cheese salad is always yummy, but I really wanted to make something different. I found some Boursin cheese in my freezer which inspired this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- ¼ cup white wine or champagne
- 3 cups chicken stock (or vegetable broth)
- 3 cups chopped roasted beets, any color
- 1 5.2 ounce package Boursin Shallot & Chive cheese
- Heat the oil in a stockpot then add the rice and cook until translucent, about 3 minutes, stirring often. Add the wine to deglaze the pan, stirring continuously until evaporated, then add the stock in small increments, stirring continuously until it's incorporated. Continue to add the stock in small increments until the rice has absorbed the stock and is tender. Stir in the beets and Boursin cheese and serve immediately.