Short Rib Nachos
May 9, 2022 • Cooking for One (or Two), Easy Entrees, Meat & Poultry
What do you think of when you think nachos? Do you envision a heaping pile of tortilla chips with whatever toppings are on the menu? While that’s one way to make them, that technique frequently results in some chips smothered with toppings, and others completely bare. This recipe uses up old tortillas to turn them into chips, then the chips are topped with the short ribs and other toppings. I used the Cherry Chipotle Short Rib recipe from my second cookbook, A Taste of Washington, but you can use any leftover cooked roast or meat.
- 3 corn tortillas, cut into quarters
- Cooking spray
- ½ pound cooked short rib meat, shredded and fat removed
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- ½ cup grated cheddar cheese, plus more for topping as desired
- Diced avocado, for garnish
- Lay the quartered tortillas on a baking sheet and lightly spray with cooking spray. Bake at 375 degrees until lightly browned and crisp. Remove from the oven.
- Chop the cooked short rib meat and mix with the jalapeño and ½ cup of cheese. Divide the cooked short rib meat evenly amongst the baked tortilla chips and sprinkle with more cheese if desired. Bake at 375 degrees just until the nachos are heated through and the cheese has melted, about5-10 minutes.
- Garnish with avocado and serve immediately.